Children's Support Worker – Complex Community Care
Working Hours: Ad Hoc shifts (Mon - Sun)
Pulse Community Healthcare is currently recruiting for experienced support workers to join our team working within complex care packages in Bradford. The ideal support worker will have experience working within a hospital or community setting with complex care such as tracheostomy, ventilation and PEG feeding.
In the community you will be expected to work closely with the child and their family to support them in all aspects of their care both socially and clinically. In your role you will have an understanding of documentation, medication administration, and have excellent communication skills with both the client and your Case Manager. You will be passionate about delivering the best care possible to the client you support and go above and beyond to fulfil your role.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
- Holiday pay paid weekly
- Access rotas and other information online
- A dedicated case manager and 24/7 clinical support
- Carer recognition
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Variety of work placements
- £200 joining bonus*
- Free mandatory training with full induction and competency sign off
As a Support Worker will be expected to have a thorough understanding of clinical interventions and be experienced in providing leadership and being accountable for your work and competence. You will be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively and deliver consistently high levels of care. In your role you will be providing care to clients in their own home who require clinical care for their individual complex condition.
Responsibilities for the Support Worker – Complex Care include:
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal Support Worker will have:
- A NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- UK paid experience in Health and Social Care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
- A good understanding of professional boundaries
- Knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
- If you love working in social care and are interested in joining our team, please apply now, enclosing an up to date copy of your CV.
All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.