Children's Support Worker – Complex care – Little Dunmow, Essex
Are you a children’s support worker looking to further your experience within complex care? We are currently recruiting for a confident and strong-minded children’s support worker to join our team in the Little Dunmow area of Essex.
The successful children’s support worker will be providing palliative end of life care for our male client living with life limiting complex needs; duties include but are not limited to personal care, PEG/enteral feeding, continence care, epilepsy management and medication administration. Candidates need to be aware that our client is very young and this could be an extremely emotionally demanding role. Experience of working with children who have complex care needs is preferable however is not necessary as we provide a range of specialist training which is tailored to the individual needs of our client.
This great new opportunity offers support workers a competitive pay rate ranging from £9.12 to £10.02 per hour. We are proud to offer stable and regular hours as part of this role and you can expect to work up to four waking nights plus one day shift per week (21:30 – 07:30 and variable days). Due to the rural location of our client you will need to have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.As a Children's Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.As a Children's Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Complying with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
• Ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
• Supervising and monitoring standards of care and taking appropriate action to improve standards when required
• Ensuring all documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
• Performing clinical interventions related to our client’s condition The ideal Children's Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.