Children’s Support Worker – Complex care – Hunstanton, Norfolk
We are currently seeking caring and compassionate children’s support workers who are keen to build up their experience within complex care. We require a support worker to join our team in the Hunstanton area, to support our client in the family home.
The successful children’s support worker will provide complex care support for our very young male client who is living with complex needs; duties include but are not limited to: gastrostomy care and management, personal care and medication administration. The ideal children’s support worker will have experience of working within a complex care setting however this is not necessary as we will provide a range of specialist training which is tailored to the individual needs of our client.
Support workers will work two 6 hour shifts per week between Monday and Sunday; specific hours can be discussed with a member of our team at a later stage. This role offers a competitive pay rate of up to £9.12 per hour, dependent on experience.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Children’s Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
As a Children’s Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Personal care
• Medication administration
• Gastrostomy care and management
The ideal Children’s Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.