Female Children’s Support Worker – Complex Care – Sturminster Newton, North Dorset
We are currently recruiting for a compassionate and enthusiastic children's support worker looking to build up their experience within complex care. You will work as part of a team of staff providing social and clinical support to a female teenager, in her own home, living with a complex respiratory condition.
This role requires someone to work waking nights (21:00 until 07:00) including alternate weekends; we can also provide additional shifts with other client’s in the surrounding areas. We are offering a competitive rate ranging from £11 to £12 per hour, dependent on experience.
As a children's support worker will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the role you will perform; you will be able to work both autonomously, collaboratively and consistently to deliver high levels of care. We will provide you with specialist training to allow you to perform clinical interventions related to our client’s condition; this includes airway management (non-invasive ventilation and manual ventilation), nebulisers, oxygen therapy and humidification. In your role you will also maintain up to date client records, provide personal care, administer medication and communicate with both the client and your case manager.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Children's Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete your registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
As a Children's Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Complying with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
• Ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
• Supervising and monitoring standards of care and taking appropriate action to improve standards when required
• Ensuring all documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
• Performing clinical interventions related to our client’s condition
The ideal Children's Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person-centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.