Female Learning Disability and Autism Healthcare Support Worker
Pay rate: £10.50-13.26
Shifts: Term Time – Thursday – Sunday - 08.30 - 18.00
School Holidays – Monday Sunday 8.30 - 18.00
Driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential as travel to Middlesbrough will be necessary
Pulse Community Healthcare are recruiting for enthusiastic and outgoing healthcare support workers and healthcare assistants (HCA), to support to our young female client who has a mild learning disability, autism and behavioural difficulties (can present with behaviours of concern).
Our client enjoys a variety of hobbies and interests both inside and outside of the home which including going swimming, taking care of horses, pamper sessions with massages and manicures and maintaining an active social life.
The ideal support worker will be willing to travel, have experience of working with autism and be flexible with working patterns (weekends, days, nights). Most importantly you will have a sense of humour, be energetic and open to building a successful working relationship with the aim of providing a sense of continuity, stability and security to a young woman’s life.
As a healthcare support worker with us, your duties will include:
- Administering medication – when required
- Assisting with personal care needs (as and when required)
- Promoting activities of daily living and teaching life skills
- Managing behaviours of concern
- Supporting Client to access the community and promote social inclusion
Pulse Community Healthcare understand our support workers play a vital role in providing and maintaining our high standard of care, therefore as a token of our appreciation you will benefit from:
- £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
- £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
- Excellent personal development and career opportunities
- Ability to access your rotas online in advance
- Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
All our support workers and healthcare assistants (HCA) will undertake specialist training to meet the specific needs of the role.
Apply now or contact our support worker recruitment team on 0161 245 4454.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.