Female Support Worker – Complex Care – Bolton, Greater Manchester - Nights
We are currently seeking confident and strong, experienced support workers who have a proven history of working in complex community packages. We require female support worker to join our team in Bolton during their transition from nurse-led to a full support worker led package and beyond.
Our client is an adult male who requires complex and clinical support as a result of their condition. Previous experience working with locked in syndrome or any other complex healthcare needs would be preferred, however specialist training is provided dependant on the specific needs of the role. The client has previously been cared for by specialist nurses, so it is imperative that you have a broad knowledge and understanding of complex care.
As a Healthcare support worker with us, your duties will include:
- Personal care
- Enteral feeding
- Respiratory care incl tracheostomy
- Bowel management
- Manual handling.
- Experience of working within a complex care setting is essential and we will provide a range of specialist training which is tailored to the individual needs of our client.
Support workers will be required to commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week including alternate weekends on a rota basis. You will be working nights only on a varied and flexible rota. We are offering a highly competitive pay rate of up to £9 per hour including holiday pay.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Complying with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
• Ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
• Supervising and monitoring standards of care and taking appropriate action to improve standards when required
• Ensuring all documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
• Performing clinical interventions related to our client’s condition
The ideal Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.