Female Support Worker Learning Disabilities and Autism – Durham
Night Shift: 10 hour night shifts Monday to Friday
Are you an experienced Support Worker who has worked with Learning Disabilities and Complex Care within the last 2 years? Do you like to make a difference? Are you looking for stable and reliable shifts on a long term basis? If so Pulse Community Healthcare would like to hear from you!!!
As a Female Support Worker Learning Disabilities and Autism you will be responsible for providing a high level of complex care and supervision for our client who has severe learning disabilities and cerebral palsy. The successful candidate will have had experience of working within secure units, a residential setting or have worked within a SEN School; experience of working within a complex/clinical care setting is also essential. Support workers will need to have excellent communication and observational skills as our client is non-verbal; you will also be proactive in identifying and preventing triggers that can cause anxiety and frustration leading to challenging behaviours and/or behaviours of concern.
Duties of the role include:
- Providing day to day assistance within the family home, out in the community and within education
- Promoting choice and independence
- Providing boundaries and direction around positive behaviours
- Identifying and preventing triggers that may cause anxiety and or challenging behaviours.
The ideal Female Support Worker Learning Disabilities and Autism will have:
- A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
- A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle (preferred but not essential)
- Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK (Learning disabilities and autism)
- Good knowledge of safeguarding and person-centred care
- Good understanding of professional boundaries
- Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
As a Female Support Worker Learning Disabilities and Autism for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
- £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
- £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
- Excellent personal development and career opportunities
- Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
- Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
- Ability to access your rotas online in advance
- Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.