Support Worker – Complex Community Care– Wirral – Female only – Salary up to £18.22 per hour
Working Hours: Full time – Variable hours
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Support Worker with significant experience within Complex Care to join this specialist community team as Support Worker.
This care package is looking for a skilled Support Worker to join the team on a full time basis working a minimum of 2 long days per week plus 1 morning per week. In your role as Support Worker you will work within a small team to provide complex care and support to this client in their own home in Wirral, Merseyside. This is a busy and fast paced package with the client enjoying lots of activities and trips outside of the home.
As a key member of the team in this package, you will assist with physical and emotional support, enabling the client to maintain independence. Alongside this social support you will be trained to a high standard to deliver complex clinical interventions where necessary. To support this package you will be provided with specialist training across a range of clinical skills including; spinal, bowel care, catheter care, manual cough assist, and pressure area care.
You will have experience working in a similar complex care role in either a hospital or community setting. You will be expected to maintain patient confidentiality at all times and proactively work to develop best practice within the package. You will be joining a tightly knit team and will receive outstanding levels of support wherever required. The role will allow you to develop and learn new skills through specialist, role specific training.
The benefits of this Support Worker – Complex Community Care role include:
• Generous salary package including holiday pay
• Relevant training and development
• Dedicated support and guidance from an allocated Case Manager
• Annual Mandatory training and competencies
Responsibilities for the Support Worker – Complex Community Care:
• To provide effective care and support workers on the team and feed back any relevant queries to the Case Manager.
• To motivate, support and mentor the staff where required and ensure good team working.
• To carry out regular equipment checks and update Case Manager on requirements.
• To undertake regular stock takes and ordering of stock.
• To undertake support with clients to achieve their desired activities of daily living.
• To undertake mandatory and other training as required and ensure each staff member completes all necessary paperwork to an acceptable standard.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role or a complex care setting
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is preferred but not essential
• UK paid experience in Health and Social Care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
• A good understanding of professional boundaries
• Knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
All offers are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.