Female Support Worker (Waking nights) – Complex Care - Poole
We are currently seeking caring and enthusiastic support workers who are keen to build their experience within complex care. We require a female support worker to join our team in the Poole area working in our client’s family home over the summer holidays.
The successful support worker will provide complex care support to our teenage male client who is living with a rare respiratory condition; duties include: personal care, respiratory care, medication administration and basic observations. Due to the risks associated with our client’s condition you will be attentive and meticulous in your observation skills. Experience of working within a complex care setting is preferable however, is not necessary as we provide a range of specialist training which is tailored to the individual needs of our client.
You will be paid a highly competitive rate of up to £12 per hour dependent on experience and you can expect to work waking nights shifts (22:00 – 08:00); you will be required to commit to working at least 20 hours per week between Monday and Sunday including alternate weekends. Transport links to this area are poor so a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle are necessary unless living locally.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.As a Female Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.As a Female Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Personal care
• Medication administration
• Respiratory care (Non invasive ventilator and humidification)
• General observationsThe ideal Female Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.