Female Support Worker - Spinal Injury - Ashton under Lyne
Pulse Community Healthcare is seeking a skilled support worker with experience in spinal injuries and complex care to join us in supporting our male client.
Our client has a passion for all things football and is looking for a support worker who equally enjoys sports. The successful support worker will be expected to provide personal care, manage various interventions related to the client’s condition, assist with mobility and empower our client’s independence in his community.
Due to the complexity of this particular role, we are looking for a confident support worker who is happy to get hands on and develop their skill set. We also require our support workers to have 6 months complex care experience with ventilated clients, spinal clients and tracheostomies.
This role involves a variety of shifts, with a competitive pay rate of up to £11.33 per hour.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
- £200 'Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
- £250 'Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
- Excellent personal development and career opportunities
- Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
- Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
- Ability to access your rotas online in advance
- Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
As a Complex Care Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Tracheostomy care and management
- Providing personal care
- Administering medication
The ideal support worker will have:
- A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
- Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
- Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of professional boundaries
- Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the 'Joining Bonus’ and 'Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.