Health Care Assistant – Complex Care – Cardiff
Pulse Community Healthcare is searching for a skilled and enthusiastic health care assistant to support our client.
The successful health care assistant will be expected to provide personal care and be able to adapt to different tasks, whilst promoting choice. Specialist training will be provided, giving you the chance to acquire new skills in order to meet all requirements for the role.
We have various shifts working Monday to Sunday with competitive pay rates of £8.99 per hour. (Holiday pay will be paid in addition to the standard pay rate)
Due to the nature of the package and shift times a UK driving licence and access to a vehicle would be preferred.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Support Worker/ Health Care Assistant for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
As a Complex Care Support Worker/ Health Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
• Providing personal care to the client
• Medication (prompting or administering)
• Assisting with moving and handling
• Undertaking light household duties
• General observations.
The ideal Support Worker/ Health Care Assistant will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• A UK Driving licence
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.