Learning disability/Autism support Worker – Middlesbrough
Hours – Variety of Shifts available including weekend work
Pay Rate - £8.55 per hour
Pulse Community Healthcare is the UK leading provider of high quality care and are equally proud of our specialist training offered to our support workers to allow them to develop in their careers. We are currently recruiting for experienced and highly competent support workers who have working in either a complex care setting or residential setting.
The right candidates will be able to provide consistency, predictability and be able to follow guidelines and risk assessments to ensure the safety of our client and the public is maintained. The role requires a proactive approach to responding to any triggers for risk behaviours, whilst creating a positive and calm environment.
A support worker role can be both challenging and very rewarding when supporting individuals who display behaviours of concern and all successful candidates will receive full training and support to help them manage situations that may be challenging. All applicants will receive bespoke training around the client that they are supporting as well as Positive Behaviour Support training. PBS is embedded within Pulse Community Healthcare and therefore staff are required to work with a positive and person centred framework.
The successful candidates will be energetic, creative, have a sense of humour, be very reliable and will be dedicated to promoting outcomes and independence.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
· Holiday pay paid weekly
· Daily payroll
· Access to rotas and other information online
· A dedicated case manager and 24/7 clinical support
· Carer recognition
· Personal development and career opportunities
The ideal support worker will have:
· NVQ level 2/3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent. This is preferred but not essential
· UK paid experience in Health and Social Care
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
· A good understanding of professional boundaries
· Knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
· A full UK drivers licence and access to a car.
All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.