Adult Support Worker – Cheadle, Greater Manchester
Pulse Community Healthcare is a leading UK provider of complex person-centred care packages. Our specialist healthcare teams support people with a variety of conditions and disabilities to live their life as independently as possible, in their own homes.
We have a great opportunity for a support worker to join our team working with our client in Cheadle. Our female client loves soaps on the TV and relishes her private time at home. She attends hydro once a week in her private pool at home. Our client also has access to the local community with her own van.
The successful support worker will be patient and understanding with a caring and supportive attitude. You must have the ability to engage and encourage independence. Experience of working with spinal injuries is desirable but is not essential. Duties to include all aspects of personal care, full assistance due to restricted mobility, medication administration, catheter and continence care.
Support Workers need to be flexible and available for a variety of shifts including Saturday and Sunday as part of a rota. Shifts include 12 hour days and 12 hour nights. This support worker role includes a probationary period in which you will be signed off as competent over a number of weeks.As a support worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• Holiday pay paid weekly
• Daily payroll
• Access rotas and other information online
• A dedicated case manager and 24/7 clinical support
• Carer recognition
• Personal development and career opportunities
• Variety of work placements
• Free mandatory training
• £200 joining bonus*The ideal support worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable but not essential
• UK paid experience in Health and Social Care
• Experience with spinal injuries is desirable but not necessary as all training will be provided
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
• A good understanding of professional boundaries
• Knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
If you are passionate about providing high quality care and are interested in joining our team, please apply now, enclosing an up to date copy of your CV.
All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.