Female Support Worker – Muscular Dystrophy – Birmingham
We are currently looking for support workers who would like to develop their skills and experience within complex care to join our growing team. We have a young female client living in the Birmingham area who requires a female support worker to provide day to day assistance within her halls of residence, at university and in the community.
Support workers will be responsible for providing a high level of complex care to our client who has Muscular Dystrophy; duties include but are not limited to personal care, PEG feeding, oxygen, respiratory care, pressure area care, medication administration, oral suctioning and nebulisers. Experience of working with muscular disorders would be preferable however our in house specialist training team will provide full training in relation to our client’s condition.
We are proud to offer regular and consistent working hours; you would be required to commit to working at least two 12 hour shifts per week between Monday and Sunday (08:00 – 20:00 or 20:00 – 08:00). This great new opportunity offers support workers a competitive pay rate starting at £8.49 per hour (days) or £8.60 per hour (nights), dependent on experience. This role requires support workers to drive our client’s vehicle so a full UK driving licence is necessary.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical supportAs a Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Personal care
• Medication administration
• PEG feeding
• Respiratory care (Tracheostomy and oral suctioning)
• NebulisersThe ideal Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Full UK driving licence
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.