Support Worker, Brain Injury - Broxbourne
Hours – Variety of Shifts
Pay - £9 - £12 p/h
Pulse Community Healthcare has a rewarding opportunity for skilled support to join our team, in supporting our client with a brain injury. Our client is a male adult who enjoys listening to music, watching television and also being read to.
We would require a support worker to provide personal care, medication administration and management of clinical interventions. Specialist training would be provided around respiratory, epilepsy and enteral to provide the client with excellent standards of care whilst also developing your own skills.
This role has a variety of shifts available, and is paying competitive rates of up to £12 per hour. Due to the nature and location of this role, a UK driving license would be preferred, however not essential.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
- £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
- £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
- Excellent personal development and career opportunities
- Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
- Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
- Ability to access your rotas online in advance
- Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support
As a Complex Care Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Providing the client with personal care
- Medication administration
- Moving and handling
- Management of interventions such as – nebuliser, suction therapy, and convene.
The ideal support worker will have:
- A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
- A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
- A UK driving license and car (preferred but not essential)
- Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
- Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of professional boundaries
- Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.