Support Worker – Complex Care - Cardiff
Pulse Community Healthcare is seeking skilled support workers to join an expanding team working across the Cardiff area.
The role will involve assisting clients with a variety of complex conditions which may include; neurological problems, spinal injuries, brain injuries and muscular conditions.
We are looking for support workers who may have experience of some of the following;
• Providing personal care
• Dealing with respiratory interventions which may including tracheostomies, ventilation or oxygen
• Managing medication
• Diabetes management
• Mental health
• PEG feeding
• Assisting with limited mobility.
Specialist training will be provided by Pulse Community Healthcare, allowing you to effectively meet all of the client’s care needs and develop your own skills.
We are able to provide a variety of shifts and a competitive pay rate of up to £8.99 per hour.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
The ideal support worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.