Support Worker – Complex Care – Dorchester
Pulse Community Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and sociable support worker to assist our male client living with Muscular Dystrophy.
The successful support worker will be expected to provide personal care and assist with various interventions. Excellent communication skills are a requirement for this role. Specialist training will be provided, giving you the chance to acquire new skills in order to meet all requirements for the role.
We are looking for a support worker to fill 2 shifts a month working 9:00 until 14:00 (Saturday and Sunday) and will offer a competitive rate of £10.50 per hour.
Due to the nature of the package and shift times a UK driving licence and access to a vehicle would be preferred.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support
As a Complex Care Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Providing personal care to the client
• Administering medication
• Assisting with enteral feeding
• Assisting with pressure area care
• Moving and handling
• General observations
The ideal Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• A UK Driving licence
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.