Support Worker – Complex Care – Plymouth
Pulse Community Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated support worker to assist our client with various complex needs as well as a learning disability.
Our client is an adult male and the successful support worker will be expected to assist an already established team. Duties may vary but could include personal care, help with general day to day tasks and taking our client out in the community. Excellent communication skills are also a requirement for this role. Specialist training will be provided, giving you the chance to acquire new skills in order to meet all requirements for the role.
We are offering ad hoc shifts with a competitive pay rate of up to £8.47 per hour.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for assisting with:
• Personal care
• Medication (prompting or administering)
• General observations
The ideal Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.