Support Worker – Complex Community Care– St Helens – Pay rate up to £16.63 per hour
Working Hours: Days – Ad hoc days
Specialist training - Respiratory, tracheostomy and gastrostomy
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Support Worker with significant experience within Complex Care to join this specialist community Level 1 package as Support Worker.
The benefits of this Support Worker – Complex Community Care role include:
- Generous salary package including holiday pay
- Relevant training and development
- Dedicated support and guidance from an allocated Case Manager
- Annual Mandatory training and competencies
This Level 1 complex care package in St Helens is looking for a skilled Support Worker to join the team on an ad hoc basis. In your role as Support Worker you will work on a one-to-one basis to provide complex care and support to this client in their own home and out in the community. You will assist with physical and emotional support, empowering them to maintain independence. Alongside this social support you will be trained to a high standard to deliver complex clinical interventions where necessary. To support this package you will be provided with specialist training across a range of clinical skills including; Respiratory, tracheostomy, suctioning, and gastrostomy.
You will have experience working in a similar complex care role in either a hospital or community setting. You will be expected to maintain patient confidentiality at all times and proactively work to develop best practice within the package. The role will allow you to develop and learn new skills through specialist, role specific training.
Responsibilities for the Support Worker – Complex Community Care:
- To provide effective care and support workers on the team and feed back any relevant queries to the Case Manager.
- To motivate, support and mentor the staff where required and ensure good team working.
- To carry out regular equipment checks and update Case Manager on requirements.
- To undertake regular stock takes and ordering of stock.
- To undertake support with clients to achieve their desired activities of daily living.
- To undertake mandatory and other training as required and ensure each staff member completes all necessary paperwork to an acceptable standard.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role or a complex care setting
- A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- UK paid experience in Health and Social Care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
- A good understanding of professional boundaries
- Knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.