Adult Support Worker – Edenbridge, Kent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a support worker to help a young male in Edenbridge who has a spinal injury. Our client needs support with all of his daily living activities and accessing the community. He can exhibit some challenging behaviours when frustrated so you must be able to communicate effectively and be able to recognise when he may be in distress.
The ideal support worker will be patient and understanding with a caring and supportive attitude. You must have the ability to engage and encourage independence. Duties to include all aspects of personal care, full assistance due to restricted mobility, catheter and continence care, pressure area care and medication administration.
Working hours are 8am until 8pm days and sleep ins, seven days a week (a sleep in enhancement is available). You must also be able to work Saturday and Sunday as part of a rota. This location can be difficult to access via public transport.
As a support worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• Holiday pay paid weekly
• Daily payroll
• Access rotas and other information online
• A dedicated case manager and 24/7 clinical support
• Carer recognition
• Personal development and career opportunities
• Variety of work placements
• Free mandatory training with full induction and competency sign offThe ideal support worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent preferred
• UK paid experience in Health and Social Care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
• A good understanding of professional boundaries
• Knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
Pulse Community Healthcare is a leading UK provider of complex person-centred care packages. Our specialist healthcare teams support people with a variety of conditions and disabilities to live their life as independently as possible, in their own homes.
If you love working in social care and are interested in joining our team, please apply now, enclosing an up to date copy of your CV.
All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.