Support Worker – Complex Community Care – LiverpoolWorking Hours:
Days or Nights, Monday to Friday and alternate weekends (rotational)Pay rate:
Up to £9.28 including holiday pay
Pulse Community Healthcare is currently recruiting for a passionate and caring Support Worker with significant experience to join a specialist community care package in Liverpool. You will work as part of a team of staff providing 24/7 care to a young male who has a spinal injury, in his own home and in the community.
As a Support Worker will be expected to have a thorough understanding of clinical interventions you perform and be experienced in providing leadership and being accountable for your work and competence. You will be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively and deliver consistently high levels of care. We will provide you with specialist training which will allow you to perform clinical interventions including Autonomic Dysreflexia and spinal care, intermittent catheterisation, digital manual bowel evacuation and assisted cough. In your role you will understand documentation, medication administration and have excellent communication skills, with both the client and your Case Manager. In the community you will be expected to work closely with the client to support them in all aspects of their care both socially and clinically.
The successful Support Worker will have experience working in a similar role in a hospital or in the community working with level 1, 2 or 3 clients. You will be experienced across a range of clinical interventions and have a keen desire to provide outstanding levels of care to the clients you support.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete your registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
• Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
• Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
• Ensure all documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate placesThe ideal Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person-centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.