Support Worker – Spinal - Blandford Forum
Pulse Community Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a friendly and sociable support worker to assist an adult male with a spinal injury.
Our client has a fantastic sense of humour and enjoys being around animals, in particular horses. The successful support worker will be expected to provide personal care and manage various complex interventions. You will have the chance to build a trusting and professional relationship with our client and in return you will receive a high level of support and training.
The hours available are 08:00 until 20:00 and 20:00 until 08:00 waking nights; Monday to Sunday. We are offering a competitive pay rate of £11.00 to £13.00 per hour.
Due to the nature of the package and shift times a UK driving licence and access to a vehicle would be preferred.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.
As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical support.
As a Complex Care Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Providing personal care to the client
• Assisting with airway management
• Oxygen therapy
• Assisting with bowel management
• Managing and administering medication
• Managing pressure area care
• Moving and handling
The ideal Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team.
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.