Adult Support Worker – Stratford
We have a fantastic opportunity for a support worker to join our team, to work with a gentleman based in Stratford who has both physical and learning disabilities. Our client loves technology and regularly attends college and a day centre. He requires support with his daily living activities and social engagement.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working with learning disabilities. You will also be patient and understanding with a caring and supportive attitude. You must have the ability to engage and encourage independence. Duties to include all aspects of personal care, full assistance due to restricted mobility and wheelchair use, catheter and continence care, pressure area care, tracheostomy care, ventilation and oxygen therapy, suctioning therapy and medication administration.
You must be flexible and available to work a variety of shifts including Saturday and Sunday as part of a rota. Shifts include; 8am until 8pm seven days a week, 8am until 1.30pm every day except Wednesday which is 11am until 4pm and 8pm until 8am nights, seven days a week. The location is very accessible and is just a short walk from the tube station and bus routes. As a support worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• Holiday pay paid weekly
• Daily payroll
• Access rotas and other information online
• A dedicated case manager and 24/7 clinical support
• Carer recognition
• Personal development and career opportunities
• Variety of work placements
• Free mandatory trainingThe ideal support worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent preferred
• UK paid experience in Health and Social Care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
• A good understanding of professional boundaries
• Knowledge of safeguarding and person centred care
Pulse Community Healthcare is a leading UK provider of complex person-centred care packages. Our specialist healthcare teams support people with a variety of conditions and disabilities to live their life as independently as possible, in their own homes.
If you have a passion for social care and are interested in joining our team, please apply now, enclosing an up to date copy of your CV.
All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.