Female Support Worker (Live In) – Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
We are currently seeking passionate and enthusiastic support workers who are eager to build up their experience within complex care. We require a support worker to join our team in Leamington Spa, to work with our client in her home and in the community.
The successful support worker will provide complex care support support for our female client who is living with a spinal injury; duties include but are not limited to: personal care, continence and catheter care, bowel management, spinal care and medication administration. Experience of working with spinal injuries is desirable however we will provide a range of specialist training which is tailored to the individual needs of our client.
Support workers will generally work 2 weeks on and have 2 weeks off however this can be discussed with a case manager at a later stage of the recruitment process. We are offering a pay rate starting at £7.83 per hour, dependent on experience; holiday pay will be paid in addition to this rate. Due to the nature of this role we require that support workers have a full UK driving licence.
At Pulse Community Healthcare, we’re passionate about providing quality, choice and independence to our clients, supporting them to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities. We will provide you with expert support and specialist training to help you develop in your care career.As a Support Worker for Pulse Community Healthcare you will benefit from:
• £200 ‘Joining Bonus’ if you complete your registration within 28 days*
• £250 ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme*
• Excellent personal development and career opportunities
• Mandatory training provided, with full induction and competency sign off
• Specialist training provided to prepare you for the client’s unique requirements
• Ability to access your rotas online in advance
• Support from a dedicated Case Manager, and 24/7 clinical supportAs a Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
• Personal care
• Medication administration
• Continence and catheter care
• Bowel management
• Spinal care (moving and handling, pressure area care, skin integrity management and Autonomic Dysreflexia awareness and management)The ideal Support Worker will have:
• A diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
• A current enhanced DBS on the update service (preferred but not essential)
• A full UK driving licence (manual)
• Previous paid experience in Health and Social Care in the UK
• Good knowledge of safeguarding and person-centred care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of professional boundaries
• Ability to use own initiative and work as part of wider team
If you are interested in developing your career in care, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV. All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply to the ‘Joining Bonus’ and ‘Recommend a Friend’ schemes.
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.