Adult Nurse Band 5 or above – Community Complex Care - Poole
Pay £20 - £25 per hour
Shift times – 09:00 until 21:00 working Monday to Sunday.
Pulse Community Healthcare provides the highest standard of compassionate care to support people to live as independently as possible in their own homes and communities, working with a number of commissioning authorities, CCG’s and private clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced specialist nurse with ITU/HDU/Airway management complex care* experience to assist an adult male with a brain injury in the Poole area.
Our client’s brain injury has led to the development of learning disabilities; the successful nurse will be required to provide sensory stimulation and engage positively with our client, ensuring he accesses the community daily. You will be responsible for personal care, medication and interventions related to our client’s condition.
The successful nurse will be involved in the following
- Delivering person centered care, supporting the needs of the client within their own home and the community
- Complex care interventions, such as PEG feeding and oral suctioning
- Managing medication
- Pressure area care
As a Pulse Community Healthcare Nurse you will benefit from -
- Free Mandatory Training
- Loyalty bonus scheme*
- Competitive rates of pay – paid weekly
- Holiday pay
- Flexible working opportunities and the ability to pick up extra shifts
- Support with NMC revalidation support
- A dedicated package case manager and 24/7 clinical support
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Referral Scheme – earn £250 per nurse recommended to Pulse
- Recognition and awards for work achievements
- Registered Nurse with a current NMC registration
- 12 months experience in an ITU/HDU/Complex Care setting – within the last 12 months
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Leadership ability
- Adaptable to a variety of working conditions and competent in the delivery of complex care
- Willing to travel
- Current DBS Check
- Proof of indemnity insurance (this may be demonstrated via membership of the RCN or other relevant professional body)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and be comfortable lone working as well as part of wider team
Desirable skills but not essential
- Experience in community complex care – training can be given
- Mentorship/teaching certificate
If you are interested in working in complex community care and have the skills necessary for this please apply now.
All opportunities are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*Terms and conditions apply
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.