Registered Nurse - Paediatric – Complex Community Care Ad Hoc Shifts – Worksop
Pay Rate: £34.97 per hour
Working Hours: Various Hours Mon-Sun - Bank Hours
I am currently recruiting for a bank of experienced Registered Nurses (Children’s branch) with significant post registration experience to join this specialist one to one community care package in Worksop. The package itself cares for two siblings with complex needs and in your role as Registered Nurse (Paediatric) you will work as part of a pool of nursing staff who will receive specialist training in line with this.
This complex care package is providing specialist and complex care to two young children in their own home. Along with their clinical care needs you will be required to have experience working with children with learning disabilities to understand the significant needs they have. Due to the nature of their needs the children will soon be allocated a medical alert dog which notifies when their blood sugar levels drop. You will receive specialist training in order to work with and understand the alert dog and ideally you will be comfortable around animals in this role. As each child is nonverbal, you will be expected to develop a therapeutic relationship which in time allows you to understand their needs and wants. This is a large family and you will be working to allow the parents some respite and time to spend with their other children.
As a Registered Nurse (Children’s Branch) will be expected to have a thorough understanding of clinical and theoretical developments within nursing practice and be experienced in providing clinical leadership and direction to others. You will be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively and deliver consistently high levels of care. You will have experience working in a similar role or in a district, community HDU/ICU setting and be experienced in TPN, tracheostomy and ventilation. You will be competent across a range of clinical interventions and learning disabilities.
The benefits of this Complex Community Nurse (Paediatrics) role include:
- Generous salary package
- Flexible working hours
- Relevant training and development
- Support through Revalidation
Responsibilities for the Complex Community Nurse – RN (Paediatrics):
- Providing and developing complex care packages to clients in their home
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (Paediatrics)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role or a complex care setting
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- Full & Clean UK driving license
Pulse Community Healthcare is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.