How Hirevue works
How Hirevue works
Hirevue is the name of the software we use to video interview our candidates. All you’ll need is an internet connection and a device capable of recording video, such as a smart phone, tablet or computer with a web cam.
Our Hireview video interviews are not live – that is, they do not take place in ‘real time’ like, say, a Skype call. Instead, we’ll send you a link to a video containing a set of pre-recorded questions, and you’ll pre-record your answers and Hireview will notify us when you have completed them.
This makes the process simpler and much less nerve-wracking. Using Hireview you can record your responses at a time of your choosing, whether it be, over the course of a day or two or all in one go. You can also practice and re-record your answers until you’re happy with them.
When you apply to register with us, you will need to complete an on-demand video interview. Once you have spoken with a member of the resourcing team following your application, this is what will happen next:
- You’ll receive an email invitation from us, containing a link to the online interview
- Clicking on the link will take you to HireVue’s online platform where you will see important information about your interview, including the number of questions and duration
- HireVue will check that your recording equipment is working correctly
- You’ll see a short introduction video from Pulse that explains the interview process
- You have the chance to do a practice question before starting the interview, which you can replay to yourself (no-one else will see this)
- Questions are given in video and written format. You’ll have 30 seconds to get ready and three minutes to respond, although you don’t need to use up all this time. You can pause before each question and return later via the link in your email invitation. The interview will typically take 20 - 30 minutes to complete.
- An internal evaluator will review your answers. Once they’ve completed the evaluation, we’ll get in touch to update you
Watch the video below to see what a HireVue interview looks like, or visit our FAQs for more information.